- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Gradually whisk in pineapple juice. Add butter. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with fruit.
1/4 cup: 117 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.