Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, dates, cherries and pineapple.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
1 cookie: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.