- 2 pouches (one 5 ounces, one 2-1/2 ounces) light water-packed tuna
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 6 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Line pita halves with spinach and tomato; fill each with 1/3 cup tuna mixture.
2 filled pita halves: 362 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1114mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.