- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, garlic powder and onion powder until blended. In another bowl, toss Colby-Monterey Jack cheese with Italian cheese blend.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll breadstick dough; press perforations to seal. Roll dough to a 12x8-in. rectangle; cut dough lengthwise in half.
- Spread each 12x4-in. rectangle with half of the cream cheese mixture to within 1/4-in. of edges. Sprinkle each with half of the combined cheeses; roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal. Cut rolls into 1-in. slices.
- Place beaten egg and Parmesan cheese in separate shallow bowls. Dip a cut side of each slice in egg, then in Parmesan cheese; place slices in greased mini muffin cups, cheese side up.
- Bake until golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Serve warm.
1 appetizer: 94 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.