Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 French rolls or hoagie buns, split
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- Preheat broiler. In a microwave, melt butter with garlic. Place rolls on a baking sheet, cut side up; brush with butter mixture. Broil 2-3 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon dill. Layer roll bottoms with tuna mixture and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer. Top with tomato; sprinkle with remaining dill. Replace tops; serve immediately.
1 sandwich: 704 calories, 41g fat (19g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 1314mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 49g protein.