- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic, fennel and pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add kale and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle tilapia with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add tilapia; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- Add beans, salt and remaining pepper to kale; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with tilapia.
1 fillet with 1 cup kale mixture: 359 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 39g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.