- SUGARED CRANBERRIES:
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen, thawed cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- For sugared cranberries, heat corn syrup in a microwave until warm; gently toss cranberries in syrup, allowing excess to drip off. Toss in sugar to coat. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest and extract.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, butter, lemon juice and ginger until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Top with sugared cranberries.
1 slice: 468 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.