Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- GINGERSNAP STREUSEL:
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer crust to pie plate. Trim crust to 1 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Place plate on a baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, pie spice and salt. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, pecans, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over pie. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
1 piece: 356 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.