Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup pearl or coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Crumble almond paste into a food processor; add sugar, baking cocoa and spices. Pulse until combined. Add egg whites and molasses; process until smooth.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into pearl sugar; roll to coat. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
1 cookie: 107 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.