- 5 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- Whipped topping
- Place 2 cups blackberries in pastry shell; set aside. In a saucepan, crush 1 cup berries. Add 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Press berries through a sieve. Set juice aside and discard pulp.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in remaining water and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in food coloring if desired. Pour half of the glaze over berries in pastry shell. Stir remaining berries into remaining glaze; carefully spoon over filling.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 251 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.