Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Red, green and yellow liquid or paste food coloring
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Lightly spread over cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
2 each: 152 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.