- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup apricot preserves or quince jelly
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sprigs fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook until wine is reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. Stir in preserves and mustard. Reserve half of the glaze for serving.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together.
- Roast 45 minutes; baste with glaze. Continue roasting chicken until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with glaze. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with remaining reserved glaze and parsley.
1 serving: 437 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.