Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from mushrooms; place mushroom caps in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat. Finely chop stems.
- In a large skillet, saute the chopped mushrooms, walnuts and onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cheese, pepper and salt; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
1 stuffed mushroom: 59 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.