- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions, quartered
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onions; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat. Add cheese; heat just until cheese is melted (do not boil).
1 cup: 334 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.