Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Sprinkle with sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, butter, salt, spices and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes.
Editor's Note: Dough may be shaped into two loaves and baked in greased 9x5x3-in. pans for 25-30 minutes.
1 each: 113 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.