- 4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups red candied cherries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped candied citron
- 1/3 cup rum
- Sprinkle 3 cups pecans over a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Combine candied fruit and remaining pecans. Spread fruit and pecans evenly over creamed mixture; press gently to help mixtures adhere. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Sprinkle rum over the top; cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tips
1 bar: 401 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.