- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars (0.74 ounce each), finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 3/4 cup water or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whisk first six ingredients. Place in a 1-qt. jar; top with cranberries. In a small plastic bag, combine streusel ingredients. Add to jar; cover. Store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare muffins: Preheat oven to 375°. Place muffin mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk egg, water and canola oil until blended. Add to muffin mix; stir just until moistened. Fill paper or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine streusel with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 muffin: 251 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.