- 2 pounds medium red potatoes (about 7), cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with green onions, bacon, salt and pepper. Place half of the mixture on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Fold foil over potato mixture and crimp edges to seal. Repeat to make a second packet.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 20-23 minutes on each side or until potatoes are tender. Remove from grill.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Grill opened packets, covered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
3/4 cup: 165 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.