Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links
- 12 brat or hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese, halved
- In a Dutch oven, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes. Heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove and discard stems and seeds. Grill peppers and onion, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until tender. Slice peppers. Stir onion and peppers into sauce; heat through.
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Place buns on baking sheets, cut side up. Top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sausages and pepper mixture.
1 serving: 449 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.