Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 dozen corn tortillas (6 inches), quartered
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack, Colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry the tortilla wedges, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- For guacamole, combine the avocados, mayonnaise, onion, tomato and jalapenos in a bowl. Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a tablespoon of guacamole. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.