Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in parsley, water, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Heat through. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, pat 10 biscuits into 4-in. circles. Top each with about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 5-in. circles and place over filling; seal edges with water. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour; pierce the top.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and filling is hot.
1 each: 214 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.