- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-3/4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-2/3 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/3 cup flour, paprika, salt and coriander. Add pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the squash, tomatoes, corn, onion, vinegar and bay leaf. In a small bowl, combine broth and remaining flour until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork and vegetables are tender. Stir in edamame; cover and cook 30 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf.
1-1/3 cups: 371 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.