- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 8 muffin cups.
- In a bowl, whisk egg, salt and pepper until blended; stir in potatoes and Asiago cheese. To form crusts, press about 1/4 cup potato mixture onto bottom and up sides of each prepared muffin cup. Bake until light golden brown, 14-17 minutes.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives until blended; stir in cheese and spinach. Spoon into crusts; top with bacon. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 6-8 minutes.
Can you freeze Hash Brown Quiche Cups?
Freeze cooled baked tarts for up to 3 months. To use, reheat tarts on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through, 5-10 minutes.
2 mini quiches: 180 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.