- 1 Gouda cheese round in red wax covering (7 ounces), room temperature
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced smoked beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Apple slices or crackers
- Carefully slice through wax and cheese to within 1 in. of the bottom, forming eight pie-shaped wedges. Carefully fold wax back to expose cheese; remove cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the cheese until creamy. Add the beef, sour cream, relish and horseradish; mix well. Spoon into wax shell. Chill.
- Serve with apple slices or crackers.
2 tablespoons: 81 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.