- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey, onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with the flour, chili powder, seasoned salt and pepper. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until reduced.
- In another skillet, fry tortillas in remaining oil for about 15 seconds, turning once. Drain well. Cut nine tortillas in half. Place cut edge of one tortilla against each short side of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Place cut edge of two tortillas against long sides of dish, overlapping to fit. Place a whole tortilla in center.
- Spoon 2 cups of meat mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and meat sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa.
1 cup: 430 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.