- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, cream cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard. In another bowl, mix green onions, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining mustard. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto the center of 4 patties; top with remaining patties, pressing edges firmly to seal.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 383 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
- Mar 16, 2020
Talk about amazing! I grew up on the Boughton burgers from the freezer section, but these are so worth your time. They are still outstanding even after being frozen and reheated.
- May 5, 2016
Yuck! My husband didn't ask for a second helping. Too salty and terrible flavor. What a waste of good ground beef.
- Sep 15, 2014
These were just okay for us. We prefer the Mushroom Stuffed Cheeseburger recipe instead.
- May 26, 2014
Best freaking burgers of my life!!!
- Mar 15, 2014
have made em twice and they are a big hit all around thanks
- Oct 5, 2013
Delicious burger! The flavor in this was amazing.
- Jul 30, 2013
No comment left
- Jun 11, 2013
This was great. My family really liked it. A great take on a classic.
- May 27, 2013
Really good! I used ground turkey and they turned out great!!
- May 26, 2013
No comment left