- 8 cups fresh Brussels sprouts (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pimientos
- Preheat oven to 350°. Trim Brussels sprouts and cut an “X” in the core of each. Place sprouts in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam 9-11 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, tarragon, marjoram and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables. Sprinkle with pimientos.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3/4 cup: 94 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.