- 1/2 pound uncooked multigrain angel hair pasta
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (3/4 pound), stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Meanwhile, cut mushrooms in half and thinly slice. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; saute until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Toss pasta with mushroom mixture, adjusting consistency with reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with cheeses.
Test Kitchen Tips
1-1/2 cups: 375 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.