Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly until thick and pale yellow. Stir together dry ingredients; fold into egg mixture. Stir in butter, vanilla and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased and floured baking sheets. Top with cherries. Bake at 325° for 10-13 minutes.
2 each: 129 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.