- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 empty 12-ounce beverage can
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Loosen skin from around the chicken breast, thighs and legs. Rub the butter mixture under the skin. Rub any remaining mixture into the body and neck cavities.
- Arrange four to six lemon slices under the skin on the breast and thighs. Tuck wing tips behind the back.
- Poke additional holes in top of the empty can with a can opener. Pour the wine into the can. Holding the chicken with legs pointed down, lower chicken over the can so it fills the body cavity. Place chicken over drip pan.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken from grill; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
1 piece: 380 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.