- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cups warm fat-free milk (110°-115°)
- 2 large eggs, divided use
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. In a large bowl, combine 1 egg, honey, mashed potatoes, butter, salt, whole wheat flour, yeast mixture and 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 balls. Roll each into a 7-in. rope. Holding one end of rope, loosely wrap dough around, forming a coil. Tuck end under; pinch to seal. Place in muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over rolls. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 roll: 146 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.