- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Coarse white sugar and/or edible glitter, optional
- Icing decorations or bear-shaped crackers, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely. Remove cupcakes from liners.
- Place one cupcake on a serving plate, top side down. Cover completely with 1/4 cup whipped topping. Cut a large marshmallow crosswise in half. Cut each half with an apple corer to make an igloo entrance; press against cupcake.
- Starting at the bottom, cover entire cupcake with rows of miniature marshmallows, forming an igloo. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. If desired, decorate with coarse sugar and icing decorations.
1 cupcake: 286 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.