- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon mushroom mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Serve with marinara sauce.
1 omelet: 523 calories, 40g fat (16g saturated fat), 681mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.