- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (15 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the pork, onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the marinara sauce, peppers, 1/2 cup broth, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, sage, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; stir into pork mixture. Remove from the heat; dollop with cheese.
1-1/4 cups: 497 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.