Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeno slices
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme and paprika. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk, cheese and jalapeno.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
1 biscuit: 129 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.