- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup juice from pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, fresh jalapeno and garlic; cook until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles.
- Stir in ketchup, jalapeno juice, pickled jalapenos, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally. Serve on buns.
Can you freeze Jalapeno Sloppy Joe's?
Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; adding water if necessary.
1 sandwich: 322 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 888mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.