- 6 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- Arrange peaches in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour over peaches; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Pour cold water over the top. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
1 each: 327 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.