Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella-flavored soy cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-flavored soy cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add spinach and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tofu, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper. Place three noodles in the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the tofu mixture, 1-1/2 cups spinach mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella-flavored soy cheese and 1/3 cup cheddar-flavored soy cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 216 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 starch.