- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese, cut into 18 slices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, cumin and paprika. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into eighteen 1/2-in.-thick mini patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12x12-in. square. Cut each into nine squares. Place a burger in the center of each square; top with cheese. Lightly brush egg over edges of pastry. Bring opposite corners of pastry over burger; pinch seams to seal tightly.
- Place seam side up on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Place sauce ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with bundles.
1 bundle with 5 teaspoons sauce: 318 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.