- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- Butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dip doughnuts in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.
1 each: 178 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.