- 6 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a large bowl; stir in the basil, sugar, walnuts and lemon zest.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
1/2 cup: 279 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.