Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, julienned
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook prosciutto in oil over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In the same skillet, combine the wine, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add beans to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with prosciutto just before serving.
3/4 cup: 127 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.