Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon yellow decorating sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar. Beat in the egg, egg white, lemonade concentrate and lemon zest. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with yellow sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Lemon Cooler Cookies Tips
What are some variations of this lemon cooler cookie recipe?For an extra punch of lemon flavor, whisk in a little powdered lemonade mix with the sugar coating. Not a fan of lemon? Try substituting orange juice or limeade concentrate and zest for the lemon. Also, if you don’t have colored sugar handy, you can toss these cookies in powdered sugar after they're baked.
Can you make this recipe without a cookie press?Instead of a cookie press, you can use a cookie scoop to shape the dough into balls. Place on cookie sheets and flatten slightly with your fingertips or with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake as directed. Stock your kitchen with our favorite cookie baking equipment (scoop and press included!)
How do you store lemon cooler cookies?Store these lemon cooler cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. Place sheets of waxed or parchment paper between layers. They can also be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Here are even more helpful tips on storing your favorite homemade cookies.
—Mark Neufang, Taste of Home Culinary Assistant
1 cookie: 58 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.