- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, orzo and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until orzo is al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, arugula, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes. Stir in olives. Sprinkle with feta and basil leaves.
1 cup: 367 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 10g fiber), 22g protein.