- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Sweetened whipped cream or creme fraiche, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in milk. Add lime zest, juice and egg yolks; beat just until blended. Stir in basil. Pour into crust.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until center is set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
Lime Basil Pie Tips
What other basil recipes can I make?For recipes packed with flavor, look no further than these dishes. You'll find ideas for salads, drinks, side dishes and more. They really make the most of that satisfying citrus and basil combo!
How can I make my own graham cracker crust?Instead of purchasing a crust, make your own graham cracker crust with just three everyday ingredients. Plus, it takes a mere 20 minutes.
What other basil dessert recipes are there?Basil isn’t just for savory recipes, you can add it to ice cream or slushes for a new twist.
Research contributed by Maggie Knoebel, Taste of Home Culinary Assistant
1 piece (calculated without whipped cream): 328 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.