Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cherry juice blend
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust. Beat egg white and water; brush over top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Using a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out eight circles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cherries.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup warm cherry mixture into each of eight dessert dishes. Top with 2 tablespoons ice cream and garnish with a cookie.
1 each: 183 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.