- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 6 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place first nine ingredients in a food processor; pulse until crumbly. Grease an 8-in. square baking dish with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Peel, core and cut each pear lengthwise into 8 wedges; toss with lemon juice. Place in prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup, butter, orange zest and cinnamon; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over pears. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake until golden brown and pears are tender, 30-40 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
1 serving: 254 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.