- 16 slices raisin bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, syrup and butter until smooth. Pour over bread; gently press bread cubes into egg mixture.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power until center is soft-set and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 10-12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. If desired, serve with additional syrup.
1 piece: 398 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.