Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 20 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10-15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Transfer 3-1/2 cups filling to a small bowl; stir in lemon juice and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin, brown sugar, molasses, spices and remaining cornstarch to the remaining filling; reserve 1/2 cup. Pour pumpkin filling over crust. Top with plain filling. Cut through filling with a knife to swirl. Drop reserved pumpkin filling by spoonfuls over cheesecake; cut through with a knife to swirl.
- Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square); securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 piece: 423 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.