- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 8 ingredients; shake well. In a small bowl, combine broccoli and red pepper; add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
1 cup: 119 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.